Open Call for Group Residency Program
November 2022 – January 2023
The Center for a Shared Society at Givat Haviva aims to build an inclusive, socially cohesive society in Israel by engaging divided communities in a collective effort to promote a sustainable and prosperous Israeli democracy based on mutual responsibility, civic equality and a shared vision for the future. Givat Haviva is a non-profit organization founded in 1949 by the Kibbutz Movement. As a civic organization, Givat Haviva is fully committed to challenging the ways in which art is presented to the public and the ways in which it can be developed through work in social contexts.
The Givat Haviva Collaborative Art Center is opening for the first time a call for a 3-month full-residency group program for local Jewish and Arab artists at the beginning of their careers.
AIR GHAC aims to ensure a creative platform for the research and development of artistic projects. This platform includes workspaces, living quarters, daily encounters with the educational institutions operating at and around Givat Haviva, encounters with artistic institutions and active artists in Israel, who, based on their professional experience, will accompany the young residents in the realization of their artistic projects during the three months of the program.
AIR GHAC wishes to welcome a multidisciplinary group of 12 young artists, graduates of academia and art institutions from all fields of art and design who have recently completed their studies.
At the end of the program, the various projects will be presented in a month-and-a-half exhibition at the GH Givat Haviva Art Gallery, accompanied by events led by the program participants. The residency program will include a period for the research and development of a project - a new body of work - in Givat Haviva, and artistic activities in collaboration with the local communities in its vicinity, and in collaboration with the network of partners from Israel and abroad who will take part in the residency process.
• When - between November 2022 - January 2023
• Duration of the program - 3 months.
• Price for participation: 2670 NIS per month. The program provides accomodation and full room and board of 3 meals a day for 3 months. A full scholarship will be awarded to any suitable candidate who needs it.
The offer must include:
2. An idea for a potential project that describes the goals of the program, a CV and an artist statement of up to 2,000 words, which include reference to the following components:
(1) Why you are interested in joining this program
(2) Please provide details if you have experience in any artistic activity that has a social aspect to it
(3) To what extent the project proposed by you will correspond with Givat Haviva and its surroundings? please detail.
The participation fee for the program is 2670 NIS per month. However, need-based scholarships are available, in order to allow everyone to participate in the program. For more information, please contact Amal, the program coordinator, at 050-6488824.
- The program provides among other things: workspace (studio), full room and board (3 meals a day) for 3 months.
For questions, please contact the above email address.