Open Call for Air Givat Haviva
Jewish-Arab Group Artists-in-Residency Program
November 2023 – January 2024
The Givat Haviva Shared Art Center is proud to issue an open call for the second cycle of the group residency program for local Jewish and Arab artists at the beginning of their career.
About the program:
The residency program is a unique multidisciplinary program for twelve young artists, Jews and Arabs, graduates of academies and art institutions from all fields of art and design, who have completed their higher education in the last two years.
The purpose of the program is to provide an egalitarian and shared space for the creation and development of artistic projects for each one of the participants. Upon completion of the program, the various projects will be presented for a month and a half in an exhibition at the Givat Haviva Art Center, accompanied by gallery events led by the program participants.
The residency program will include a period of research and development of a project - a new body of work - in Givat Haviva, as well as artistic activities in cooperation with the local communities in its surroundings, and in cooperation with the network of partners from Israel and abroad who will take part in the residency process.
- The duration of the program is three full months, during which the artists live in Givat Haviva.
- The program provides accommodation, food and a shared creative studio
- Participants will be mentored by a team of leading artists, curators and art and culture professionals. They include: Hannan Abu-Hussein, Farid Abu Shakra, Ron Amir, Asad Azi, Adi Boutrous, Stav Struz Boutrous, Adina Bar On, Galia Bar Or, Tomer Heymann, Avner Singer.(for more information about the mentors here)
The directors of the program and co-founders: Claudette Zorea - head of the program, Anat Lidror - director of the program
Givat Haviva is the largest Jewish-Arab shared society organization in Israel, founded by the Havazelet group.
We work to promote a shared society for Jews and Arabs through education, teaching languages, culture and art. We promote mutual respect, trust, pluralism and essential equality between citizens, and work for the advancement of a democratic and prosperous society for all citizens of Israel, one that strives for peace with its neighbors and brotherhood of nations.
Givat Haviva's unique knowledge and expertise is based on an intra-organizational Jewish-Arab partnership, which is a central value and a foundation of our organizational model.
- When and how much - duration of the program: 3 months, between November 2023 - January 2024
- Price for participation: Free of charge.
The cost of the program per participant is NIS 30,000.
Givat Haviva undertakes the full cost in order to allow every young artist to participate in the program free of charge.
- An idea for a potential project that describes the goals of the program, a CV and an artist statement of up to 2,000 words, addressing one or more of the following aspects:
(2) Do you have experience in any artistic activity that deals with Israeli society? If so, please elaborate.
(3) To what extent will your proposed project correspond with Givat Haviva and its surroundings? Please explain.
Deadline for submitting applications: 15.6.23
For submission and any questions: AIRGHAC@gmail.com
עדיין אין תגובות לדף זה.